Monday, November 17, 2008

trying the carousel again with better results

Long time no post! It's been a busy month. I was in Quebec last weekend for a conference and I fell in love with Quebec city. It is beautiful, the people are so nice, and it felt like a vacation! (It didn't hurt that the conference was in a fancy hotel and the weather was surprisingly good for November). I missed Avery, of course. But I also enjoyed getting uninterrupted nights of sleep! Gogo came back to New York to help Carolyn watch Avery and she was a big help. I'm glad to be back at home now with my wife and toddler boy.

This is from last week when we went to the Palisades mall and rode the carousel. After the disastrous attempt to have fun on the Bug Carousel at the Bronx zoo, we were a bit wary. But Avery LOVED it and said "wheeeeee!":



Hi, Cutie!


Tonight's dinner was even more toddler-friendly than usual: cottage cheese with fruit, dried strawberries, and a few cherry tomatoes that Avery saw in the fridge and grunted and pointed at until I took them out for him. Since he learned about dipping food at daycare, he dips EVERYTHING. So the cherry tomatoes were dipped into his fruit-and-cottage cheese mixture and then gobbled up with "Mmmmmm!" sounds.


Playing "I'm gonna getcha!" in our building hallway:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so big! I can't wait to play. Lights, I'm going to Get Cha, whatever. I'm game.

Christy said...

I miss you all!
Christy :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh so cute! Can't wait to see you all next week.