Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spontaneous Trip to Massachusetts

A new semester has just started. I have a great schedule this semester, and normally I am free on Fridays (for dissertation writing, etc.), but this past Friday I actually had to go to the Graduate Center all afternoon for a workshop with all the Writing Fellows. I was parking my car at 11am when Carolyn called me to ask if I wanted to go out of town for the weekend. We didn't have any plans for once, so I said sure! We left Friday evening and our friends Hannah and Dale were gracious enough to host us in their home for a couple of days. Their daughter, Parker, is 6 months old now, and she is precious! She is small in size but has a head full of hair and is already crawling, eating solids, and chatting up a storm! It was really relaxing to get away, and Avery and Parker both enjoyed going swimming at Smith College's pool and walking around a wonderful park with great playgrounds and a petting zoo! Avery also enjoyed making a huge, embarrassing mess out of his rice at a pan-Asian restaurant, letting one of Hannah and Dale's dogs, Durham, lick food off of his hands, and stealing Parker's toys away from her when he could get away with it.

Both Avery and Parker have Elphys!




Durham watching Avery:

Admiring the goats:





Back in his own crib:

2 comments:

Christy said...

I miss you Avery!
Christy
(and your mommas, of course :)

The Zookeepers: said...

we loved having you here - it was a great weekend, and parker loved playing with her good pal avery - even when he was stealing her toys. :)