Wednesday, April 2, 2008

9 months old!

In the kitchen sink bath:




Our 9 month pediatrician appointment went very well. Very cute story: I took him in for his appointment and checked him in at the desk. We went to sit in the waiting area where the toys are, and a boy came up to us and said he heard me check Avery in -- he said "I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 15-year old Avery, and I love my name!" Then his mom came over and we talked about how Avery is a great name! It was very sweet.

Our Avery is still way off the charts for both height and weight -- over 31 inches long and 28 pounds -- but he is proportionate. He's just a giant baby! Dr. Cosme said to stop giving him the jarred baby food and to have him eat regular food which is also what our new daycare provider Belen said we should do. He's big, he has teeth, he wants to eat! So today he got to eat lunch with the big kids -- it was lentils and rice day, and of course Avery LOVED eating lunch with the big kids, and Belen said he said "MMMmmm!" a lot :)

Dr. Cosme is not concerned that he is still not crawling -- it seems like he'll skip that and just walk. He can pull himself up to a standing position while holding onto our fingers or furniture for support, and he scoots around on his butt. But he doesn't love being on his tummy. He is definitely ready to start running around with the big kids at his childcare. When I dropped him off this morning, we walked in the door and the boys who were already there said "Hi Avery!" except for one boy named Xavier calls him "Abery." Avery just smiled and smiled at all his friends, and then sat down with a toy piano and started banging on the keys.
He is a healthy and very happy baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

His level of cuteness is way off the charts too! I love the froggy slippers, and I'm so glad to hear that you all like his new daycare.

Reem Tara said...

Avery is adorable! Those pictures are out of control cute. I remember when I was working in a day care there was this 10 month old named Jim who scooted on his butt too, and also skipped crawling and went straight to walking. That butt crawl looks like a pretty great mode of transportation.