Sunday, November 11, 2007

weekend of church



Big church weekend. I'm all dressed up here (and looking rather snazzy if I do say so myself) because 4th U had an auction fundraiser last night. It was a lot of fun and a lot of money was raised for 4th U and the Coalition for the Homeless. We got raffle tickets with our entry fees and won the DVD set of the 4th season of the L word, a weeklong membership to the Equinox gym, and a $25 gift certificate to a French restaurant. We bid on (and won) a haircut at a nice salon, 2 hours of babysitting from a very cool (and responsible) teenager at our church, and a homemade baby blanket. I bid on (and lost) a massage :(

Then Sunday morning was Avery's dedication/ naming ceremony. It's a very short but sweet ceremony that is incorporated into the regular service. James and Gogo participated in the service, and Kim, Jess and Olivia came to support (and take pictures!) and we all had brunch afterwards. It was really nice.



3 comments:

Christy said...

Becky--you look goooooood! Avery is adorable with the sunglasses--where did you get them? Missing all of you!
Christy

Amanda said...

I'm about to bite my computer screen because I totally want to eat Avery and Ruby!

RebeccaL-O said...

Hi Amanda! Congrats on the Semester at Sea position!
-- Rebecca