Thursday, November 1, 2007

"There was a little duck (and a chicken) in New York City"

Happy Halloween! Avery had a great first Halloween.

He went to childcare dressed as a duck ( hence the title of this post. Our favorite song to sing to him is "A Duck in New York City" - in fact, when I was pregnant, we sang that song to my belly every night before we went to sleep. His 4 childcare friends were princesses, Superman, and a pirate. (Cute daycare story: I took him this morning about 10:00 and the other kids were already there. Annette greeted us and then I took him around the corner to see the kids who were all playing blocks with Tanya. As soon as the kids saw me with Avery, they said "Avery's here! Avery's here!" and the two girls ran up to us and each gently held one of his hands (they have obviously been well-trained on not being rough with him. Then I held Avery so that his feet touched the ground, and the three of them were holding hands in a circle. It was SO cute, and Avery was smiling and smiling at everyone. He LOVES watching the kids play (and he especially seems to love Tanya and always gives her huge smiles). Annette said that if we bring a disposable camera, they will take pictures of cute moments like that for us)).



We spent Halloween evening at "Creepy Pete's and Mad Marlene's" place. Very fun. They had I think over 1,500 trick or treaters (!) and Avery wore a chicken costume.









2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my god--too cute with the wig!! He looks like a little troll. :)
Christy

Katia said...

Even though I'm partial to delicious animals, I LOVE the hairdo best of all!