Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday to Avery!

We can't believe Avery is 5! We remember well when he was just a baby. Here's what Avery knows about being 5: you go to kindergarten and you have to try new foods. There are a lot of new responsibilities that come with being 5. I went to his preschool class to read "Go Away Big Green Monster," complete with interactive hand puppet and matching cupcakes. I was pretty proud of my creativity, and the kids seemed to enjoy it.
On the actual day of Avery's birthday (a Sunday), we threw together a very last-minute party that turned out to be really fun! Just a couple of friends and family members, most of the same food and beverages that we had purchased/made for Wednesday evening's adoption celebration, and water balloons outside in our yard! This time, the theme (sort of) was Angry Birds. I think my Angry Birds cupcakes were even better than the Green Monster ones.