Saturday, February 21, 2009

Where a kid can be a kid, and a parent can act like a kid too!

This is the first Saturday in ages where we have no plans whatsoever, which is really nice! We were in the mood to go somewhere together and have fun and we ended up at Chuck-E-Cheese in the Bronx. We were a bit hesitant since we weren't sure if it would be horribly crowded and/or gross. But we got there just before noon, and it wasn't crowded yet. Avery really liked it! He looks serious in these pictures, but he did have a great time. Actually, we all had fun.
(Remember this ride?! I have a vague memory of barfing on it when I was a kid, but I'm hoping that this is an inaccurate memory):






This is the mechanical Chuck E Cheese. He was singing that song from the early 80's "Shout, Shout, Let it all out, these are the things I can do without, come on . . ." which makes me think they haven't updated their entertainment in a while. Avery was not afraid and he danced a little. He is a GREAT dancer, by the way. He shakes his head back and forth quickly and kicks his legs. The other night, there was a carnival for the students at Sarah Lawrence, and we took Avery. It was at night, so he was wearing his pajamas and it was held in the gym. Avery LOVED being able to run around! There was music playing and there was a group of some college girls dancing. Avery didn't even hesitate going up to them and joining them. He got a lot of compliments on his moves that night.





Avery loves pizza but he actually preferred eating fruits and veggies from the salad bar. Speaking of veggies, he LOVES those little sweet mini bell peppers. Whenever we take him to Costco and he sees them, we end up buying a big bag of them. He shrieks and points and doesn't want to wait to pay for them before eating some. He eats them like apples, it's very cute.




3 comments:

SophisticatedBrew said...

looks like a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

These are great. I definitely remember some pictures of me at a birthday party at chuck e cheese when I was maybe 5, and I seriously looked like I was about to puke on the merry go round. Avery looks like he had a much better time!

Bubbe said...

I think you were 3, Rachel and you were quite sick. I think it was Lacey's birthday party. I'm glad Avery had fun! He is so cute. I can't wait to see him this weekend!